- We see patients by appointment only. If you have an emergency that is life-threatening, go to the nearest Emergency Dept immediately. If you have a non-life-threatening emergency, please call between 9:00-9:30 am to book a same day appointment. For non-urgent appointments, we will try to give you an appointment within 1-2 weeks of your phone call. Dr. Chu, Dr. T.K. Wong, Dr. Huang and Dr. Rajaratnam are part of the Keele Medical Place Family Health Group. We encourage you to roster with us for the best care. Although we will do our best to care for all of our patients, our priority is to care for those rostered to our care.
- Because this is a family physicians' office, our policy is to accommodate patients who become ill suddenly. This may on occasion delay our pre-scheduled patients. Please bear with us when this happens. When you have an emergency, you will appreciate this policy. Please be on time for your appointment. We do not see patients who come without an appointment. Please always call ahead for an appointment.
- We encourage you to consistently see one doctor so that they will have a chance to know you and your medical condition well and maintain continuity of care. But, on urgent occasions it may be necessary to see one of your doctor's partners. All of us practise in a very similar manner. Therefore, your care would not in any way be compromised in an emergency situation.
- Bring your OHIP card to each visit. Most basic medical care is covered by OHIP. However, you will be charged directly for non-insured services such as cosmetic or non-essential procedures, notes, reports, medical examinations or reports performed at the request of someone other than you, e.g. employer, insurance company, school, camp, lawyer, ministry of transportation, etc. People without OHIP coverage will be billed directly at the Ontario Medical Association rates.
- Since no one likes to be disturbed during the scheduled time with their physician, we do not take phone calls from patients. Please don't feel offended if our receptionist asks questions about the nature of your phone call. They need to ascertain the urgency of the situation so that the doctor can respond appropriately. We will try to return your call as soon as possible.
- Because we cannot diagnose accurately over the phone, we do not prescribe medications over the phone. We encourage patients to make appointments to discuss problems, to have your illness diagnosed and to obtain medication or renewals. We do not provide renewals over the phone but prescribe in sufficient quantities with each visit.
- It is the patient's responsibility to find out the result of any tests and to return for the recommended preventive and screening interventions on a regular basis. Patients are responsible for keeping follow up appointments. Always make an appointment after tests to review the results.
- For each appointment, due to time limits and the need to be considerate to waiting patients, we will deal with a maximum of 2 problems. If you have more than 2 problems, please book another appointment. Please bring in all your medication bottles with you so that the doctor can make sure that you are taking the medication correctly. It is your responsibility to notify your doctor of any change in your medical condition or medications or failure to improve. If you have any questions about taking a medication, it is important that you ask your doctor. If you cannot come for your appointment, please call to cancel at least 24 hours before so that your slot can be given to other patients. For missed appointments, you will be charged for the visit since the doctor has already set aside this time for you.
- Please notify us immediately of any change in your address, phone number, OHIP information, name, or marital status so that our office will have the updated information.
- It is the responsibility of patients who don’t speak English or Cantonese fluently to bring your own interpreter.
- We welcome all constructive suggestions regarding our clinic.
- During certain examinations, such as a pelvic exam, you may request a third party to be present.
- We will not act as guarantors for passports or birth certificate applications. Please ask your lawyer, banker, accountant, pharmacist or other qualified persons.
- We expect our invoices to you to be paid within 30 days of the date of invoice. Interest at 3% per month compounded monthly (annual effective interest rate of 42.6%) is charged on outstanding balances. We only accept cash or cheque. If paying by cheque, please make cheques payable to the professional corporation of your doctor. Please ask your doctor if you do not know the exact name of the professional corporation in question.
- We work together as a team to better care for you. You may be assessed and treated by licensed nurse practitioners, medical trainees or psychotherapists under physician supervision.
Due to time constraints, we see patients by appointment only. An appointment is generally booked on the same day or the next working day. When booking an appointment, please provide the reason so the appropriate time may be scheduled. If the appointment involves filling out a form, please inform the secretary at the time of booking.
For emergencies, please go to the nearest Emergency Dept or call us at 9am and the receptionist will tell you whether you can be fit in that day.
If you are unable to come for an appointmetint, please call 24 hours before so that someone else may take your appointment time. Otherwise, there is a charge of $36.41 for a missed regular appointments, $78.38 for a missed ½ hour appointments or $120 for a missed counselling appointments.
Driver's license medical examinations, many medical services such as travel advice, wart treatment and skin lesion removal, forms, notes, reports, transfer of records to other doctors and telephone calls to doctors are not covered by OHIP. Please prepare payment for these and other uninsured services at the time of your visit. Outstanding balances at charged interest at a rate of 3%/month compounded monthly (42.6% annual interest). We only accept cash or cheque. If paying by cheque, please make cheques payable to the professional corporation of your doctor. Please ask your doctor if you do not know the exact name of the professional corporation in question.
Back to top
At Grace Health Centre we recognize our responsibilities with regard to dealing carefully and properly with the information we collect and retain for our purposes. We seek to comply with the government privacy legislations, as outlined below:
- Purposes - We collect personal information only for the purposes of the medical administrative functions of our medical clinic.
- Consent - The personal information is collected to fulfll the purposes in Item 2. No one is under any compulsion to give us any personal information unless they wish to. We will seek explicit consent when information is collected outside the purposes listed in Item 2.
- Limited Collection - We will limit the collection of information to the personal information necessary to satisfy the purposes in Item 2.
- Limited Use and Disclosure - We use information only for the purposes we have declared in Item 2. Permission will be sought before using the information in any other way.
- Accuracy - We will endeavour at all times, with clients' co-operation, to keep all personal information accurate and up to date.
- Safeguard - We will protect personal information from unauthorized disclosure and misuse by using means such as locked cabinets, passwords, etc.
- Individual Access - If individuals request access to their personal information, we will undertake to provide the information in a timely and reasonable manner.
- Challenge Compliance - Individuals can address a challenge concerning compliance to this policy to the responsible persons designated in Item 1.
Back to top